Friday, June 5, 2009

temple by the sea

It was a weekend in the month of February when I was amongst five people left in the wing( I think the the rest of the gang went back home for incident).
Solitude is something I could not handle, at least until then. I strolled down to the sugarcane guy and it was a breezy evening as it always is in S'kal. The twilight was lovely, so I decided to extend my little hike up to the temple. I had been here before but usually with company and never on a non-festival,non-eve-of-exam day. I did my bit re. the prayers and came our into the place where they have the benches facing the sea. The benches were still warm(ish) from the afternoon but the breeze more than made up for it. There were more ships than usual on the horizon. The light was fading gradually as the ships lit up in the distance. The light house did its business throwing light into the sea in regular intervals. As I sat there my thoughts drifted off into this and that. Nothing profound and nothing that would make a difference to the course of the world like the kind Newton might have had when that apple fell on his head. But still they were my thoughts they kept me good company. When I finally realized it was time too push on, an hour had passed. I had enjoyed the solitude.
When I need a change of company, I know where I should be headed.

3 comments:

Vikram said...

I wonder why no one has written about this place before. If you ask me, it's one of the most scenic places I've ever been to. The 180 degree sea, the lighthouse, the cliff, the waves breaking on the rocks...

akrimony said...

Hey Srinivas Naik, can I have your email address? I wanted to contact you regarding NewsWagon.

Thanks,
Rajat

Unknown said...

i never read about this place before.. thanks for sharing..
मेरी नयी पोस्ट पर आपका स्वागत है : Blind Devotion - स्त्री अज्ञानी ?